Print this page      Close
Henderson School in Fayetteville (Washington County); circa 1875. The Henderson School was built by the American Missionary Association in 1866 to educate the children of recently freed slaves.
Courtesy of the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies, Central Arkansas Library System


Freedmen's Schools
American Missionary Association
 
©2017 The Central Arkansas Library System - All rights reserved