Print this page      Close
Fort Curtis, a major part of the Civil War defenses of Helena (Phillips County), named in honor of the Union commander at Helena, General Samuel R. Curtis; 1863.
Courtesy of the Arkansas State Archives

Civil War through Reconstruction, 1861 through 1874
Helena-West Helena (Phillips County)
Helena, Battle of
Curtis, Samuel Ryan
Union Occupation of Arkansas
Fort Curtis
©2018 The Central Arkansas Library System - All rights reserved