Print this page      Close
Built in 1850 in Camden (Ouachita County) as a law office for attorney William W. Leake, the Greek Revival–style Leake-Ingham Building later housed Camden's office of the Federal Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen and Abandoned Lands (Freedmen’s Bureau). The building also once functioned as Ouachita County’s first library.
Photo by Teresa Harris


Ouachita County
Camden (Ouachita County)
Architectural Styles
Freedmen's Bureau
 
©2014 The Central Arkansas Library System - All rights reserved