Print this page      Close
Located at 1200 Chester Street in Little Rock (Pulaski County), the Royal Circle of Friends Hospital was operated by the Supreme Royal Circle of Friends of the World, a black fraternal organization. The fifty-bed general hospital opened in 1921 with Dr. C. M. Auter as superintendent. The hospital closed in 1934. Photograph circa 1930s. John Marshall Robinson was chief surgeon of the hospital from 1929 to 1933.
Courtesy of the UAMS Library’s Historical Research Center


Supreme Royal Circle of Friends of the World
 
©2017 The Central Arkansas Library System - All rights reserved