Print this page      Close
Built by the Knights of Pythias in 1914 as the only bathing facility for African-American clients in Hot Springs (Garland County), the Pythian Bathhouse was constructed on the site of the Crystal Bathhouse, the city’s previous “colored” bathing establishment, which burned in 1913.
Courtesy of Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division


Bathhouse Row
Hot Springs (Garland County)
Crystal Bathhouse
 
©2017 The Central Arkansas Library System - All rights reserved